About Camden Haven Anglican Church
The story of Camden Haven Anglican spreads over many years and is incredibly intriguing. The sacrifice and hard work of many is testimony to a God who moved people to give themselves; the incredible generosity of a few that enabled the all we have today to be enjoyed and serve the Christian community; and most fascinatingly the God who supernaturally moved in people’s lives and continues to do so today to make us all that we are.
Christ the Redeemer (CTR) is an evangelical Anglican church located in the Camden Haven on the Mid-North Coast of New South Wales (NSW). We are a part of the Anglican Diocese of Newcastle, in the Province of New South Wales.
A Christ centred community where all can come to know Jesus and make Him known.
What we believe
As Anglicans we believe the Christian faith as expressed in the historic creeds of the Church and the Book of Common Prayer.
As evangelical Christians, we express this belief in:
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God – fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ – born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers – given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, and establish a new heaven and new earth.